Six students studying for a BA (Hons) Special Educational Needs and Inclusion degree at the University of Northampton recently completed a visit to IES Jönköping. A very warm welcome was extended to the students and a thoughtful and interesting programme had been arranged for the visit. The students were impressed by the quiet, calm atmosphere in the school and the very good behaviour shown by the pupils. The very clear explanation of SEN processes provided a lot of food for thought and prompted detailed discussion of similarities and differences between English and Swedish systems and schools.
On March 2nd 2017, IES Jönköping from Year 8 participated in the in the finals of "Innovation Camp", a competition organized by Småland Turism and Ung Företagsamhet. Students were asked to solve a problem in a realistic and inspiring way. Groups were asked to budget and plan a fictional 4 day journey to Småland by a school class from Berlin. To succeed in the task, students were required to demonstrate both creativity and entrepreneurial skills.
A total of three of our classes made it to the final stage at the Elmia convention center. On stage, infront of a jury and an audience, they presented their solutions to the problem. All of our groups had great ideas but one stood out as the winner. With good local knowledge of the area and a well structured environmental plan, our 8A class won the prize! In adition to the honor and a diploma, our 8A class went home with a checque for 5000 SEK! Congratulations to all students who did a wonderful job representing IES in the competition. An extra congratulations to 8A for a well well executed victory!
We would like to welcome you to our Open House at Internationella Engelska Skolan! Both staff and students will be here to show you around the school. You can listen to our Principal Simon Varley’s presentation about our school philosophy and our queue status. You will also have opportunity to ask your questions.
- 9th of November 17:30-19:00
- Principal’s presentation is at 18.15 in the small lunchroom.
- 19th of November 10:00-13:00
- Principal’s presentation is at 10.30 for Primary School and at 12.15 for Junior School in the small lunchroom. (year 1-3 & 4-6 and fritids)
Please note that students are welcome back to school for the first day of the academic year 2016-17 on:
- Borås - Friday, 19 August
- Bromma - Thursday, 18 August
- Enskede - School start information already sent to stakeholders by post and via SchoolSoft.
- Eskilstuna - Wednesday, 17 August
- Falun - Monday, 22 August
- Gävle - Monday, 22 August
- Halmstad - Wednesday, 17 August
- Huddinge - Wednesday, 17 August
- Hässelby Strand - Thursday, 18 August
- Hässleholm - Tuesday, 23 August
- Johanneberg - Monday, 22 August
- Järfälla - Thursday, 18 August
- Jönköping - Thursday, 18 August
- Karlstad - Wednesday, 24 August
- Kista - Monday, 15 August
- Krokslätt - Monday, 22 August
- Liljeholmen - Thursday, 18 August
- Linköping - Wednesday, 17 August
- Lund - Friday, 19 August
- Nacka - School start information already sent to new students and available via SchoolSoft.
- Skärholmen - Friday, 19 August
- Sundsvall - Monday, 22 August
- Tyresö - Thursday, 18 August
- Täby - Thursday, 18 August
- Umeå - Monday, 22 August
- Uppsala - Monday, 15 August
- Västerås - Wednesday, 17 August
- Älvsjö - Thursday, 18 August
- Örebro - Wednesday, 17 August
- Internationella Engelska Gymnasiet Södermalm - Thursday, 18 August (first year) and Friday, 19 August (all students)
Roupéz Profile & Engelska Skolan
We have a high quality supplier that has produced a set of school clothes for our students. We are beginning with a simple collection but will add items to it over the coming years. We are beginning with a set of smart set of school items that reflect our profil and philosophy. These tasteful items are just as suitable for school as they are for Grandma’s 70th birthday party or any other special event where you want to look your best.
The webshop will open in Autumn for you to palce your orders. Delivery will be in time for Christmas. All students will have the chance to try on the clothes and make sure they order the right sizes. In order to keep the prices down we order in bulk from a supplier abroad to keep the prices at H&M level, but for considerably higher standards. IES Jönköping does not make any profit from this – we have no “middle hand” costs added. We simply take great pride in our school and we know you do to. Let’s celebrate that together!
All the clothes are produced using acceptable and approved methods and suppliers (ISO9001 kvalité, ISO14001, miljö) For more information, please contact Tomas Persson at Roupéz Profile.
Here is the probable price list that our suppliers will give us (including taxes):
Blazer / Jacket 495 kr
Byxor/Trousers 300 kr
Kjol/Skirt 150 kr
Skorta/Shirt 225 kr
Pullover/Jumper 295 kr
Pikétröja/Polo shirt 195 kr
Slipover/Tank top 275 kr
Slips/Tie 95 kr
Scarf 95 kr